• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member: Gary

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
gary
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Darlington, Ontario, Canada

New Member: Gary

Post by gary »

I just want to introduce myself to the Albin Owner's Group. I just bought a 1996 Albin 28 TE in New Bern N.C. It will be brought north to Port Darlington (Bowmanville), Ontario which is on the north shore of Lake Ontario just east of Toronto. The boat's name will be "Loon".
My only hesitation in buying this boat was that it has the 310HP Peninsular engine but I have talked to some owners and mechanics who assured me that the engine is OK although noisier than the Yanmars.
I look forward to sharing opinions and information with members of the group.
Are any of the group boating on Lake Ontario?

Gary
Last edited by gary on Mon May 07, 2007 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
TonyAmalfitano

Welcome

Post by TonyAmalfitano »

Gary,
Welcome to the group! Is that a 26 TE, or a 28 TE? I'm an A27 AC myself, and hail from New Jersey. I just sold a Hunter 30 that's going to Montreal.
Search this group for the Peninsular engine. I think you'll find your concerns fading after reading the posts.
Congrats on the new boat! These Albins are great boats!
gary
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Darlington, Ontario, Canada

New Member-Gary

Post by gary »

Thanks for the correction Tony! The boat is a 1996 Albin 28 TE. First message, first typo!
Gary
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Gary,
Welcome to the board! You will find a wealth of information and opinions about your Penisular. Some negative but overall not bad. One of our members, Tomcat Rio, recently repowered with the latest model from Peninsular.
Post some pics of Loon when you get a chance.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
tomcat rio

Post by tomcat rio »

gary,

When you get a chance, could you post some performance numbers? ( rpm/speed /fuel flow) for us number crunchers. also prop size/pitch and transmission ratio if you know it.

thanks,
ed

Return to “New Member Introductions”