• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

1986 27 fuel gauges

Albin's "power cruisers"
DonGuy
Mate
Mate
Home Port: McGraths Cove

1986 27 fuel gauges

Post by DonGuy »

I'm looking at purchasing an Albin 27 sport. The fuel gauge doesn't work, and the seller says that is common among 27s. I'm wondering if that is the case and if so, what can be done to get them working. Thanks.
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

It seems to be common on all Albins. Hell, all boats for that matter. The factory fuel gauge in our 2003 36' doesn't work either. Replaced with a Tank Tender. It seems to work better, though some of the readings are still hard to interpret. Long story.
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

What is it with marine fuel guages? Hardley ever have a problem with a car guage.

Replaced the guage on my 1986 27AC after 3 or 4 years. Replaced 2 senders on my 1994 Evans deadrise. Only 1 of the senders works on my 1996 A32 :cry:

Give me access to the tank top & a stick.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
rt11002003
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rt11002003 »

I'm with you Veebyes2. If one really wants to know how much fuel is in the tank, a measuring stick is the way to go.

Gene
Gene Currently Albin "less"
Don from Mystic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Don from Mystic »

There are only three possibilities for the problem - sender/wiring or gauge. Presuming you have access to the sending unit on top of the tank, you remove the flange and change the unit. Ive done a few on boats over the years, the last requiring a hole and deck plate be installed for access.Its not a big job or a big deal, and all the components are readily avail (aftermarket).......... Don

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”