• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Albin 25 owner

Albin's "power cruisers"
Joe

New Albin 25 owner

Post by Joe »

Hello - I just joined this group, as I bought an Albin 25 yesterday. She is a 1977 model with the Volvo MD17C engine, and will be kept on a mooring in North Cove, Old Saybrook CT. I repowered an Albin 25 last year, for a customer, who keeps his boat near Hamburg Cove in the CT River. We plan to enjoy the 2008 season, then repower the boat over the upcoming winter. I will be installing a Beta Marine engine, as I am a Beta Marine engine dealer. These engines are Kubota diesels, marinized by Beta Marine in England. Should be an interesting experience to compare the old Volvo and the new engine, as it relates to pushing the Albin 25.

Hope to see you on the water in 2008!
Joe DeMers
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

Congratulations. You are a rare & special owner with a rare & special boat in a world of clorox bottles
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Joe,
Welcome to the group and welcome to owning a "true classic". Post some pics when you can. We like pictures. I checked out your website. Dealer of year!
Do you have experience with other diesels? Yanmar, Cummins, Peninsular?
It's great to have a diesel expert on board.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Joe

Post by Joe »

Yes, I do have experience with Beta Marine, Yanmar, Universal, Westerbeke, Volvo Penta, Nanni, Kubota, Farymann, Cummins [ we are Cummins Mercruiser dealers, and I drive a Cummins diesel powered Dodge truck ] Detroit Diesel 2 cycle engines, Mercedes, Perkins, Phasor, and Vetus engines. If you wish to get my opinion concerning any of the above engines, I will do my best to reply in a helpful manner.

Never worked on a Penninsular engine.

This season we will be operating my Albin 25 with her original Volvo MD17C diesel, and are contemplating repowering in the fall of 2008, with a new Beta Marine engine. Should be fun!
Joe DeMers
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

O.k. - I'll be the first to put you on the spot. Don't be shy.
We have all heard the horror stories about Peninsular. You say you haven't worked on one but is that because you just haven't or you stay away from them?
Since your in the business, if a potential owner came to you and asked your opinion what would you say?
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Joe

Post by Joe »

Concerning Peninsular engines - I have no experience with them, and have no opinion concerning them. I'm assuming there can't be many of these engines in service.

Joe DeMers

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”