• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member John and Sara G.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

New Member John and Sara G.

Post by furball »

Thanks to everyone here, we found this forum a few months ago it has made my wife and I much more confident making an offer on "hopefully" our new Albin 28TE. The survey and sea trial are scheduled for next week and if everything goes well, we hope to take her out the first or second week in October. I'm sure you will hear lots of newbie questions from me as this only our second boat, first diesel and lots more boat than we're used to. So thanks again and we hope we'll be able to return the favor in the future,
John and Sara
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Welcome aboard guys! I'm sure you'll find this board very helpful as you navigate the complexities of your new boat (our 28 is the largest boat I've owned and the first inboard - interesting learning curve!)

Now you just need to explain the name "furball"!!

Good luck!
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Welcome

Post by RicM »

We bought our 2003 28 TE last Jan and to paraphrase Tom Petty, "The waiting was the hardest part". We also moved up from a lesser boat, a 10y old Proline 251 Walkaround. It is a bit daunting to learn the ways of a single screw diesel, but it's exciting and fun at the same time. My other half was somewhat skeptical, "Is it THAT much better?" (4x the $$$ for 3 more feet?). We just completed our first week long cruise and now she "gets it". Everywhere we went on Martha's Vineyard and Cape Cod salty looking buggers would wonder over and growl " Albin ehhhh, nice boat". It performed flawlessly as a fishing/cruising machine. Comfortable, safe, and economical. I found (and continue to find) this forum to be immensely helpful in understanding this somewhat eccentric but lovable design. Best of luck!
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

John,
Welcome to the board and to Albin!
You will find quite a bit of experience around here and all newbie questions are welcome. Don't forget to post some pics.
I'm guessing "furball" is referring to a cat or dog? If so, let me tell you that I have two Goldens. The dog hair in the scuppers will drive you crazy.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

Dog hair in scuppers ... I think I should be designated the resident expert in this field.

Instead of "Dogonit" It has been suggested that the boat should be named after the movie Harry and the Hendersons. The clip of the guy pulling a massive hairball out of the pool filter is a weekly thing on the boat.

Welcome aboard John & Sara.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by furball »

Our fur balls have fur balls. These are our boating companions and why we need more deck space.

http://www.georgesmill.com/bonnie%20&%20clyde.htm
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

furball wrote:Our fur balls have fur balls. These are our boating companions and why we need more deck space.

http://www.georgesmill.com/bonnie%20&%20clyde.htm
That is a fur ball. Are those the dogs with web feet? (pads)
John
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by furball »

Yes, and boy can they swim. Both love the water, better than any trolling motor out there and they're a big part of the reason my wife is all for buying a new boat. We currently have a 1974 25' Chris-Craft. I'm worried that if one decides to, or accidently goes over the side. I'd never get them back in the boat. We don't have a swim platform and I'd need a crane without one. Looked into adding the swim platform and the few other needed items and decided it was time to move up. Found the albins and then this website and just a few months later, I'm waiting for the sea trail. :D
John, we live in Northern VA but our Chris-Craft is on Rock Creek and I plan on keeping the 28 there as well. I see you list Baltimore as home, what area do you play in most?

John
Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by Mike »

Welcome aboard! We, too, moved up from a 210 Ltd Chris-Craft to our 28TE Albin. What a difference. You will find that you have a wealth of knowledge here and a good group of men and women, too. There isn't a question you can throw out there that someone won't have an answer for. You're gonna enjoy this boat - we have.
Time Out Annapolis
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

furball wrote:Yes, and boy can they swim. Both love the water, better than any trolling motor out there and they're a big part of the reason my wife is all for buying a new boat. We currently have a 1974 25' Chris-Craft. I'm worried that if one decides to, or accidently goes over the side. I'd never get them back in the boat. We don't have a swim platform and I'd need a crane without one. Looked into adding the swim platform and the few other needed items and decided it was time to move up. Found the albins and then this website and just a few months later, I'm waiting for the sea trail. :D
John, we live in Northern VA but our Chris-Craft is on Rock Creek and I plan on keeping the 28 there as well. I see you list Baltimore as home, what area do you play in most?

John
Rock Creek in Pasadena? We are on Salt Peter Creek off the Gunpowder. I think there was a boatered.com raft-up in Rock Creek a few weeks ago. I missed it. We do the normal cruising in that area. Middle River, Hart-Miller, etc. My last cruise in your area was trolling for Rock. Only thing I caught that day was a crab trap.
John

Return to “New Member Introductions”