• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

3cyl volvo 36 hp diesel in 1975 Albin 25 How Reliable

Albin's "power cruisers"
dmcinfo

3cyl volvo 36 hp diesel in 1975 Albin 25 How Reliable

Post by dmcinfo »

I am considering the purchase of this vessel. Can anyone provide comments on this motors reliability. If it was properly maintained what is its life expectancy in hours. Any other thoughts you wish to add would be most appreciated. I am going to have the boat surveyed before I purchase but would appreciate comments from anyone who has actually operated this motor. Thank you
rodeon

Albin 25 engine

Post by rodeon »

We also had a 3 cylinder VolvoPenta 1978 36hp engine with about 4000hrs on it. It was rebuilt in 1992 with 2000hrs. Last summer it died on us with no hope of repairing so we have repowered with a Yanmar 30hp. Hopefully we're good for 20 more years. I would think a 1975 is close to it's expired date.
Pudwell
Swabby
Swabby

Motor

Post by Pudwell »

My 1972 25' has a two cylinder Volvo Penta with 2000 hrs and a rebuild 2 years ago...now 800 hours later it still purrrrs like a kitten.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”