• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Getting Ready to Repower

Albin's "power cruisers"
DaveP

Getting Ready to Repower

Post by DaveP »

I am really getting excited as I'm leaving on Monday, Nov. 10th for Lake Powell to pick up my 1970 Albin 25 and bring it down to Phoenix. I will be having the bottom painted and a new Yanmar 3YM30 29 hp engine installed by Bergeron Engineering here in Phoenix. I will let the mechanics at Bergeron advise me on rebuilding the current prop shaft (original) or installing a new shaft, seals & bearings.

For those of you who might be interested the hull number is "1" and engine number "2" on this boat. From what I understand, each country the boat was exported to had its own hull numbering system. This boat could have been the first boat delivered to the U.S.A.. As far as I can tell the boat has never been named. I'd appreciate any comments on these numbers.

I will spend the rest of the winter (temps in the 70s, eat your hearts out) working on the boat, getting it ready for a spring launch either on San Diego Bay, The Great Lakes, or back on Lake Powell, it will depend on the dollars available. I'm sure I'll also find an excuse to test the boat on one of the local lakes around Phoenix this winter.

I'll take lots of before and after photos of the work I will be doing and post them on the website. I have mentioned before, that the boat has been on the hard for the past 12 years in the backyard of my best friend, who lives in Page, AZ.. His home is near Glen Canyon Dam that forms Lake Powell. The boat was on the Great Lakes prior to my friend trailering it to Arizona.

I lived in Page, Arizona most of my life, with Lake Powell's 1,980 miles of beautiful shoreline (more shoreline the entire west coast of the U.S.) and 186 miles of main channel in my backyard. I was a Park Ranger (drove a boat) and search & rescue pilot (STOL Cessna 206) for the National Park Service for seventeen years. I owned power and sailboats that I kept at Wahweap Marina for 26 years.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Looking forward to the pictures. We like pictures.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”