• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 25 engine compartment question

Albin's "power cruisers"
DaveP

Albin 25 engine compartment question

Post by DaveP »

After we pulled the engine out of my Albin 25 there were two tubes, lower in the engine compartment and on either side of the prop shaft, running aft. The tubes looked like they were made of brass. One of the tubes looks like it is capped. Are these drains for the engine compartment, or do they serve some other function? Is there a reason one of the tubes is capped. Thanks for any help.
Conrad Nay
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by Conrad Nay »

This is wild guess on my part, but it may have some validity. On our Albin 25 there is a hose that is connected to the exhaust system just upstream of the muffler. This hose is approximately 1" diameter and runs forward to the engine compartment where it is capped off. As far as we can tell, it was probably installed so that the exhaust system can be drained into the bilge if needed.
I hope this helps.
Conrad
Albin 25 Motorsailor Vagabond
DaveP

Thanks for ideas

Post by DaveP »

Conrad: Thanks for your ideas on what the two tubes are that come into the engine compartment. Next time I'm on the boat I'll look to see if there is a hidden connection to the exhaust system somewhere.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”