• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A25 prop?

Albin's "power cruisers"
glk34
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mactaquac New Brunswick Canada

A25 prop?

Post by glk34 »

Does anyone carry a spare prop for their A25 or A27? Looks pretty well protected but I am curious how to get one if needed and how much. Looks like Bronze so I expect they would be expensive. I think mine had been reworked by a shop a few years back so I am not sure how I would tell what the pitch etc is or if it is the original.

Iron Jack
leprof31
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: A25 prop?

Post by leprof31 »

17 X 14 for a A25 with a MD3B or MD17C...
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

glk34 wrote:..I think mine had been reworked by a shop a few years back so I am not sure how I would tell what the pitch etc is or if it is the original.

Iron Jack
When a prop is re-worked it should be re-stamped by the shop. Don't worry about if it's original or not. What's important is that it is performing properly (WOT, speed, no vibration, cavitation, etc)
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
glk34
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mactaquac New Brunswick Canada

Post by glk34 »

Thanks Leprof, and Rob for the comments. I will check the prop for markings next time I haul her out. You are right Rob that it really doesn't matter about being original as long as it works well. I have no complaints on its performance but was just wondering about replacement cost etc. They look pretty expensive.

Iron Jack
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Consignment shops, eBay, craiglist, google searches, etc and you should find one for a couple hundred. Shipping is only about $25 tops said you don't need to shop local..
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
dales
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: thunder bay

Post by dales »

I have also been looking foe a prop for my albin 25 with a MD3B engine . Have you found a supplier.

Dale
Phoenix27
Mate
Mate
Home Port: portsmouth va.

Post by Phoenix27 »

I have found a prop co.in china that will make a prop for you .the email address is www.gzpropellers.com the name of the co.is Guangzhou Freely Marine propeller Manufactory I am going to order a prop from them and it is going to cost $265 USD with shipping I hope that this can help you. Sincerely Herrendav

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”