• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

27 FC Hot Water Heater?

Albin's "power cruisers"
Jack-B
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Shell Point, FL

27 FC Hot Water Heater?

Post by Jack-B »

Hot Water Heater? - I'm considering installing 6 gal HW heater on my 1986 w/ Nissan 78hp engine. Does anyone have this setup and where is the best location for the unit? I would appreciate any feed back and suggestions. Thanks,
JFOkie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dover, NH

Re: 27 FC Hot Water Heater?

Post by JFOkie »

Hi Jack,

I have a 1987 FC with the 78hp Nissan and a hot water heater. I know that the tank is on the starboard side below the deck, just aft of the engine compartment doors. Will try to get a better description and a few pictures this weekend.

John
"Nirvana"
Jack-B
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Shell Point, FL

Post by Jack-B »

John, thanks for your reply. That is the area I thought might be best suited. If you can identifiy where the connections to the engine are that would be very helpful and are all the connections to the WH positioned in front? I really appreciate your help in this matter.

Thanks again,
AKDW
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SEWARD

Post by AKDW »

My 27 had a water starboard of the engine -- no longer there.
Tahoma
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Great Loop

Post by Tahoma »

Jack,
The LD28 has a hose that goes from the starboard aft end of the engine to the aft end of the intake/exhaust manifold (below and inboard of the exhaust hose).

Replace that hose with one going from the engine to the inlet on the water heater and a second hose going from the outlet of the water heater to the intake/exhaust manifold.

Jim

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”