• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

TOTAL HEIGHT

SCHUTZEE
First Mate
First Mate

TOTAL HEIGHT

Post by SCHUTZEE »

Anne Rose is in the water already. I need to know the total height of a 31TE without the radar arch. It seem the maximum heith to truck is 13' 6"
Has anyone trucked a 31TE, and what was the height? Could someone measure a 31T# on the hard? I appreciate any help.

Bob
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

The height of the boat on the trailer will be somewhat determined by how it is loaded. Because of the skegged rudder that drops down aft, most Albins are loaded "bow down" to reduce overall height. Also, the height of the trailer off the ground is a factor as well. I would be very surprised if the 28' TE is over 13'6" on the trailer, with the radar arch down.

You might try calling Albin or your local dealer directly and asking who typically delivers their boats. Albin has produced over 800 28' TE's over the years, and I'm assuming the vast majority of those were delivered by truck to the dealers. Whatever company they use is probably very familiar with that boat and could probably rattle off that dimension for you off the top of their head.

If you do get that information elsewhere, feel free to post it here for reference.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

I tried looking around for the bridge clearance of a 31, couldn't find it. You should be able to measure her at the dock, getting the height from the waterline to the top of the house. Then add your draft to get a resonable estimate on her total height when upright. If you've got a single Albin lists the draft as 3' 10".

After that it's time to talk to a hauler. Mariner's point about the boat being loaded bow down is a good one, along with the ground clearance of the boat on the trailer.

If you haven't already try sending a note to Andrew.

Good luck.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

I found this for the 28. The 31 shouldn't much higher if at all.

Albin 28
LOA 29 feet, 11 inches (with pulpit)
Beam nine feet, nine inches
Draft Three feet, two inches
Height Eight feet, six inches (top of arch)
Fuel 132 Gallons
Water Cap. 36 Gallons
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
mhanna
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sayville NY

Post by mhanna »

Just 2 months ago I had my 28 trailered and 2 companies told me I had to remove the radar arch because of the height with the skeg. I found one transporter by me that was delivering Albins from there factory to the dealership nearby. They had modified their trailer to allow for the arch to stay, but I had to remove the radar dome. I choose them just because I did not wish to remove the arch.
The trailer actually allowed the boat to hang off the end with the skeg close to the ground (scared me, but they do this for a living)
I dont have the name in front of me but can find if you need, they said they do the east coast from maine to NC.

Matt
2001 28TE - Doghouse
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

The radar dome as well as any antennas should be removed regardless of height. They're not designed to handle the wind loads of cruising down the interstate at 75 mph.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”