• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

69 Swedish Albin - 27 Rudder

Albin's "power cruisers"
Chilachuck

69 Swedish Albin - 27 Rudder

Post by Chilachuck »

A diver says the strap that ran from the keel to the bottom of the rudder is missing and the rudder is half eaten away. He is recommending against taking it anywhere until the rudder is fixed.

Does anyone know if the American made Albin uses parts that would drop in, or what all is involved with replacing these parts?

I'm in a remote part of Alaska, so everything will have to be shipped, and travel to Seattle costs over $1000.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Chilachuck,
What did you end up doing about this?
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

Apparently the worms thought they needed my 27s shoe more than I did. I bought a piece of teak, very expensive, made my own shoe & covered it with cloth & resin. :lol: EAT THAT! :twisted: My 1986 27 had a bronze rudder. No problems there. I notice that the 1985 27 has a fiberglass rudder.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
Chilachuck

Rudder

Post by Chilachuck »

Nothing, yet. Weather and personal problems.
Phoenix27
Mate
Mate
Home Port: portsmouth va.

Re: 69 Swedish Albin - 27 Rudder

Post by Phoenix27 »

I have a 1977 Albin 25 and I need the rudder suport fitting that goes on the end of skag. Does anyone know where I can get one it looks like an elbow with a 10MM hole through it to bolt it to the skag. Thanks Phoenix27
Phoenix27
Mate
Mate
Home Port: portsmouth va.

Post by Phoenix27 »

Hello There I made a rudder support out of a 1.75x2.00 nylon block with hole drilled for the rudder shaft diameter and 1`00 deep the diameter of the rudder shaft and another 9 mmhole for the bolt to thread into the skeg It does not nice ,But it works The next project is the design and manfacture of a hard top as I do do not like the cloth covering the top of the boat. But this for an albin 25 delux. Sincerely phoenix 27
Don from Mystic
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Don from Mystic »

Any good welding shop can fabricate a new rudder and post from stainless. The rudder on my 83 FC was definetly not an off the shelf one. Never had a shoe either. My rudder is hollow, made from stainless sheet. I replaced the rudder post myself, using some scrap stainless tube. Look for a general welder that welcomes repair work. Be sure to put a good and large zinc on it!

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”