• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

ongaro wiper motor cover

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

gmberkley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Fairhaven, MA

ongaro wiper motor cover

Post by gmberkley »

does anyone know if these ongaro wiper motor covers are still available, I have three that are cracked like the one in the attachment. I looked online to no avail.

thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Gregg M. Berkley 25 Ton Master USCG
2005 Albin 28 TE Flush Deck
Fairhaven, MA
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: ongaro wiper motor cover

Post by Pitou »

From all retail sales literature, it sure does look as if the design has changed.

I have the same motors and only received the mounting templates, wiperarm fitment sheet and wiper fitment sheets from the Albin build binder. This motor was considered a Heavy Duty Waterproof motor or HD as described by Ongaro.

I think that you'll need to cross your fingers on availibility and contact Schmitt & Ongaro Marine Products at (866) 724-6488.
Try to get someone on the phone and then email them a picture of your motor cover to help best identify while you're speaking to them.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chestertown, MD

Post by Jkraft »

I wonder if you could epoxy and repaint them
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
2002 28 TE with 315 Yanmar “Hair Of The Dog”
gmberkley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gmberkley »

I did repair my "under" deck boxes with the West System plastic epoxy...........have to give it some thought, the boxes are out of sight, these are front and center and need to look very good.........
Fairhaven, MA
gmberkley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gmberkley »

per Kevin's suggestion, I called Schmitt & Ongaro Marine Products, I spoke with a woman who as been there 17 years, and remembered when Schmitt bought the company, Ongaro had a covers and spare parts for the wipers................long gone for at least 10 years, they don't carry any replacement parts for the new wiper motors, she stated they are purchased now from Taiwan and the entire motor etc has to be purchased, again no replacement parts whatsoever...........I guess I'll live with cracked covers until the motors quit, and then research and buy new ones.
Fairhaven, MA
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chestertown, MD

Post by Jkraft »

Bummer, I had a feeling that would be the case. I just replaced all 3 of mine with AFI 1000 Heavy Duty Wiper Motors. They are quiet & work great.
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
2002 28 TE with 315 Yanmar “Hair Of The Dog”
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

gmberkley wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:06 pm I called Schmitt & Ongaro Marine Products, I spoke with a woman who as been there 17 years, and remembered when Schmitt bought the company, Ongaro had a covers and spare parts for the wipers................long gone for at least 10 years, they don't carry any replacement parts for the new wiper motors, she stated they are purchased now from Taiwan and the entire motor etc has to be purchased, again no replacement parts whatsoever...........I guess I'll live with cracked covers until the motors quit, and then research and buy new ones.
Thanks for the info.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13

Return to “Albin Maintenance”