• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Wanted Replacement engine Yanmar 6LYA-STO 370 HP

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

MeyrickP
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stamford CT

Wanted Replacement engine Yanmar 6LYA-STO 370 HP

Post by MeyrickP »

Ancora St Tropez cushions 052421 (2).jpg
Hello folks,

I blew my Yanmar 6LYA-STO engine this summer with only 2000 hours. Dropped a valve which broke and subsequently cut up the cylinder(s).
I have excellent mechanic who has tried many fixes but now says the best idea is a replacement or rebuilt engine. Every way is expensive!
But i do own the coolest 2003 Albin 32+2 ever, formerly Blessings from Ft Myers and now Ancora based in Stamford CT. (picture above) so I am determined to find a solution.
A replacement engine may come from a wrecked 32, 35 or 32+2 and does not have to be an exact match. I am told a Cummins could work.
Don't know what other engines originally offered with the 32+2.
Understand that I need an engine from the same era., Ie before the EPA required electrical controls. I don't want to change all the controls.
I understand that when the Yanmar LY engines were new, there were occasional mechanical faults with "dropping" valves.
But after 20 years and 2000 hours, there seems to be no hope of an insurance or warranty claim. Rats!
Please help me out fellow Albineers!
Meyrick Payne, email MPayne@mpiweb.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Meyrick Payne
Albin 32+2
"Ancora"
Stamford, CT

Return to “Albin Maintenance”