• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

albins in the great white north

Albin's "power cruisers"
Yeoman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Thunder bay canada

albins in the great white north

Post by Yeoman »

Just back from a great weekend rendezvous on the north shore of Lake Superiour. Myself in a 75' deluxe and friends in a 73' rafted together for two nights on Porphry Island with six other boats from the Silver Islet Yacht club. Sadly our good friend in a 70' deluxe could not attend.Three 25's in a club with nine boats is a pretty high concentration.We love these boats and their performance on the big lake.They are slow but not slow enough,the weekend ended too soon.Pugnacious,Mumba and Doc Fun keeping Albins alive on the north shore.Thanks SIYC for a great time.
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockford, IL

Re: albins in the great white north

Post by NickScheuer »

Where is home port, Yeoman?

We sailed around Isle Royale a few years ago and would do it again in a heartbeat in the Albin-25 we plan to take delivery of Sunday.

Our trip out and back were both done under aux power as the wind was dead on our nose both ways The Albin will certainly make that sort of scene more comfortable.

I once resided in Duluth for a short spell, though our Isle Royale adventure was done from our present Illinois home base.

Nick
glk34
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mactaquac New Brunswick Canada

Re: albins in the great white north

Post by glk34 »

Nick, we also went from sail to the A25 and really enjoy the portability of the A25. It trailers fine and we hope to do a week next spring in Moosehead lake in western maine. It is about a 4-5hr trailer tow for us but we will take our time. You will also like the economy, while not as good as the price of wind, it is second best - and you can go in a straight line.

Iron jack

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”