• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Moosehead Lake Maine??

Albin's "power cruisers"
glk34
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mactaquac New Brunswick Canada

Moosehead Lake Maine??

Post by glk34 »

Wondering if any of the trailerable gang has been to Moosehead Lake in Maine? I am starting to do a bit of research into trailering there next summer for a week. The lake has some marinas and has lots of lodges and a long coastline. Check it out on the web. Any info anyone has on this lake would be great. It is a 5 hour tow for us so I don't want to go unprepared.

Iron Jack
Chris
The Kid
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stockton Harbor, Maine

Re: Moosehead Lake Maine??

Post by The Kid »

Chris,
I have a place about two hours from Moosehead Lake (Stockton Harbor near Searsport) and my wife and I were just up there this July for a few days. Did not have a boat up there but did the Katahdin cruise on the lake which was fun and also did a little moose watching on a smaller lake nearby with canoes. The lake is about 30 miles long and probably 15 miles wide at the widest. Just a thought though; we usually stay at places that are not too expensive and while driving around I saw this place that I will probably stay next time. It is just a motel but has a really nice location in Greenville on the lake with a nice lawn going down to the lake with canoes you can use. I believe there was also a dock for boats you wanted to bring. Its name is Chalet Moosehead Lakefront Motel and the web site was mooseheadlodging.com . I think having the boat there would make for a great vacation. Hope my two cents helps a little. Chuck
glk34
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by glk34 »

Thanks Chuck, I will be checking out the motel. I think a few days on the water and a night in the motel would work out good. It would give us a home base so to speak. I also plan to check out Stockton Harbor. thanks for the info

Chris
glk34
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by glk34 »

Hi gang, we did the Moosehead Lake cruise this past July. It was a 5 hr tow to the lake from New Brunswick. Iron Jack (A25) and Reacher (Rosboro 21) spent 6 days on the lakes, 4 on the boats and 2 in BBs. Everyone was so helpful and friendly and it was no problem to explore the area. There are 3 great marinas on the lake, which is 42 miles long, well charted and we had no problems with depth. Prices for overnight at marinas were great at $25 to $35 per night. Lots of places to eat, some have docks at the restaurant, and lots of places to stay.
For something a little different, try this lake if you can trailer your boat. Any info on the area I would be glad to pass on.

Chris "Iron Jack"

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”